Sunday, October 3, 2010

Flaming Lips at the Malkin Bowl


As much as I would love to draft a more formal and comprehensive analysis of the recent Flaming Lips show at the Malkin Bowl, time, and more specifically school, is not on my side. Nevertheless since I was there, I should try and at least give you some idea of what it was like. So this time I'm going to attempt whats called a “Katamari” type review of the show.

The following are things I saw at the Flaming Lips show, in no particular order: Two dozen dancers that looked like they were rejects from Devo, Two massive death star sized disco balls, an array of neon green pulsating laser rays, two scary monster claws, a couple banging about 5 feet away from my friend and I (they were in love), a whole lot of giant balloons, two heavy artillery confetti cannons, a shit load of confetti, a few kids sitting on their parents shoulders using big head phones as ear muffs, a bear (costume), Wayne Cohen's massive sweaty face in extreme close up mode, a glowing florescent blue animated women, her vagina that was burning so bright, it was just a blinding white light, a cane that fired streamers and fireworks into the air, smoke and bubble machines, something that looked a lot like this, another vagina that proceeded to envelope and swallow the women it was affixed to, strobing close ups of angry animals growling at you, the drummer smoking a lot, a man sized hamster/space ball, and a single enormous eye ball that stared right at you.

Best show ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment